Thursday, May 4, 2017

The Reporter Who Knew Too Much by Mark Shaw


I have long been a skeptic of the single assassin myth in the JFK assassination. That goes for RFK and Martin Luther King as well. So I needed no convincing in that regard. I also think that there have been a number of suspicious deaths of witnesses connected to the JFK assassination and therefore accept the plausibility that the death of Kilgallen could very well be one of those.
I'm not really an assassination conspiracy buff, one who needs to keep up on all the latest in this enormous tangled web of information and disinformation, I just read this new book as a curiosity.
Shaw paints a portrait of a dynamic woman reporter. I, of course, was aware of her from What's My Line, but didn't know anything about the extent of her impressive career in journalism or the somewhat interesting gossip like material of her affair with Johnnie Ray  
The final third or so of the book is exhaustive and somewhat exhausting in his presentation of his case that she was murdered by the mob. Yet while pointing out earlier that she made some enemies within the CIA Shaw seems to let them off the hook.
I can buy his mob theory but if so why can't it be the mob set up and in conjunction with the CIA since they had equal dislike for JFK and both benefited from his elimination? He doesn't even present that as a possibility although he does implicate J. Edgar Hoover in her murder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MOM

How to destroy a young woman's life? It's really not so hard. Be born to her She was only 19. I understand that she was good in scho...