Saturday, July 6, 2019

The Roku Netflix app is terrible.

I have experience with the Roku and another version that is on smart TVs I have used.
The Roku Netflix app is not at all friendly. Maybe it’s too friendly, it never shuts up, until the TV is muted of course.
The smart TV app is very nice. It does as it is supposed to within the limits of it’s intelligence. It displays a main featured show, with accompanying still image and descriptive text, and in the bottom third of the screen, interactive rows of images and text for other show which we then scroll through. (Endlessly, but that’s another issue).  

The Roku app is a pusher. It pushes moving content in one’s face, audio and video.
I want to read a description of something to decide if I want to watch it. I don’t like to watch previews, trailers unless I’m not really going to watch the movie. I don’t want to see snippets of the movie to decide if I want to see it. I want to read about it and see an image or two. Who is in it, who directed it (I dare not ask who did a minor thing like write it, but that’s another issue)?
No reading something in the Netflix description on Roku  and hitting “Add to my List” without seeing and hearing a preview. This shit stresses me out. It harshes my sweet consumer buzz. It’s a bring down, dig?
Oh well, there’s always the insane wonderland of Amazon Prime if one wants to mingle with that monster.

The Roku Netflix app is terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MOM

How to destroy a young woman's life? It's really not so hard. Be born to her She was only 19. I understand that she was good in scho...